Friday, April 20, 2012

Updates

Sheesh. It's been almost a year since I've written anything. Let's catch you up on the essential changes that you need to know about, shall we?

Current Location - Arizona. After 23 years of rain, snow, hail, humidity, and everything in between I decided to move to the desert. It's been great so far but I miss thunderstorms and everyone says I have an accent. At work I've earned the nickname "Kansas". It's awesome.

Current Employer - A law firm. I won't say which one, but if you know me it won't be hard to find out which one it is.

Current Living Situation - My wonderful aunt and uncle have been extremely generous and have let me move into their guestroom in their house. I really enjoy living in an actual house instead of an apartment. However, I now have two new housemates in the form of my older male cousins (and my aunt and uncle of course). Here's how that's going...
  • I have been banned from recording overly girly shows on the DVR
  • I have learned to write my name on anything in the fridge that I want to eat. Even then it's not a guarantee that I'll actually get to eat it.
  • Most of the groceries are gone within 30 hours of being brought home.
  • Any type of sports show overules anything that I would be interested in watching.
  • I have to schedule a time to do my laundry because the machines are always running. Always.
  • I now live with a dog that barks at everything. Absolutely everything. And he's sacred of everything. Absolutely everything.
  • My uncle will make not so sublte hints about me moving out about three times a week. But he doesn't mean them...at leat I'm pretty sure he doesn't.
BUT  I love living with my family. I'm so happy that I've gotten to know my cousins better. They constantly make me laugh and let me tag along with them. I am truly blessed to have my best friends in Arizona also be my family. There is no way my transition would be as smooth as it has been without them. Thanks guys :)

To sum it up - I'm really happy that I moved to Arizona. Yes, I miss my Kansas friends, family, rain, and thunderstorms but I've learned a lot about myself and have grown up a lot by moving out here. And it feels great to be writing again. I didn't realize how much I've missed it.

No comments:

Post a Comment