Friday, May 27, 2011

Employed

Let me start off this post with one simple statement... I GOT A JOB!

After months of looking, praying, interviews and more resumes than I want to count, I finally have a job. I'm working in the Public Administration department at KU and I'm couldn't be more excited. I'll be making travel arrangements for the department's professors, helping with the department's budget, and planning events that my department puts on (and yes, I'm aware that I used the word "department" three times). I will have to drive to Lawrence every day, but I love my apartment and I don't want to live in Lawrence anyway  so that's a sacrifice that I'll have to make. I'm incredibly thankful for this job and I really feel like it's the right one for me. I know this post is short, but I'll post again when I have more to say about my new job. My first day is Tuesday the 31st! To everyone out there that's still looking I have this advice - don't take the first job offer that comes your way if you really don't want it. Hold out for a good job that you'll like and want to do every day. It will happen, you just have to be extremely patient.

No comments:

Post a Comment